What Personal Information About Customers Does Silverhook Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Silverhook. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, fulfilling orders, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store features, and communication with you if opted in to.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. For example, like many web sites, we sometimes use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our website.
- E-mail Communications: Silverhook will not send promotional emails to you unless you opt-in to our mailing list. We may send promotional emails to those who opt-in to improve service and your shopping experience or notifications of changes to our policies, and order confirmations. If you have opted-in and no longer want to receive e-mail from us, other than order notifications, please adjust your "Subscription" preferences by logging into your account or contact a member of our team via the contact forms provided on the website.
What about Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifier text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Enquiry Cart between visits.
Does Silverhook Share the Information It Receives?
We respect your privacy and appreciate your business. At no time do we ever provide your account contact or payment information to any third party vendor, associate or service provider unless absolutely necessary in order to complete your transaction and order e.g the delivery address you provide us on your enquiry form.
When opening a purchasing account with our sales team, we use your Company Reg. No. to credit check your company. Furthermore, when applying for credit we provide your company details, not your banking details, to an insurance company.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you provide to us for purchasing of our products or services. No credit card information is stored under your account on this website. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer by clicking the "log off" link located in the side menu. If you wish to have your information safely deleted from our database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form provided on the website homepage or contact section.
Any information regarding your purchasing account with Silverhook, including your credit card or other financial information is stored securely off-site away from Internet access for maximum security. We reserve the right to retain your information after you've left us for a variety of reasons. For example, we may need to sort out disagreements, stop fraud and abuse, prove that you had an account with us or follow our legal obligations or the police may need it as evidence.
Which Information Can I Access?
Silverhook gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information available through the "My Account" section on the website.
If you open a purchasing account with us, you can request any information we store of yours. Additionally you can update your information if and when you need to. You can request information to be deleted but we reserve the right to retain certain information for legal obligations or to retain basic information such as contact details in case of a re-opening of an account.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, enquire, or other methods of communication via our website or email to Silverhook. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, company name and phone numbers.
When opening a purchasing account directly with a member of our sales team, we collect information such as:
- Your contact information including name, address, email address, fax number, and telephone number.
- Your order history.
- Your payment details including debit or credit card details, banking details and credit information.
- Your communications with us including direct emails.
- Company registration number & VAT Registration number.
- Trade reference details.
- Annual turnover
For security purposes Silverhook sometimes collects and analyses the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and to our website. This is done for your protection for tracking purposes in the unfortunate event that someone gains access to your personal or financial information and opens an account, or makes enquiries under your name.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Silverhook, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of our local state. If you have any concern about privacy of your personal information as used and collected within our website, please send us a thorough description by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the side menu, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.